Ginseng American - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Panax quinquefolius
Color: Yellowish-green to greenish-white
Bloom time: June to July
Height: 0.75 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Understand the wild-simulated ginseng growing method. This method mimics the plant s natural environment. While ginseng grown this way typically takes eight years to mature, the end result is much more valuable than field-cultivated ginseng due to its color and shape. You may attempt to alter this process by using artificial shade or tilling the soil, but then you will be growing woods-grown ginseng, which may grow into a different, less valuable shape.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Once the plants have matured, they will produce a cluster of red berries with the seed in the center.
- Pick these in the fall if you want to harvest the seeds for planting or selling.
- Keep in mind they will need to be stratified as described under Preparing the Seeds.
An interesting and increasingly rare native plant for shade areas. Best in herb gardens, native plant gardens, woodland gardens or shade gardens. Generally not grown in borders due to lack of sufficient ornamental interest.
- American ginseng is also used for low iron in the blood (anemia), diabetes, insulin resistance related to HIV treatments, cancer-related fatigue, high blood pressure, trouble sleeping (insomnia), nerve pain, erectile dysfunction (ED), fever, hangover symptoms, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), blood and bleeding disorders, breast cancer, dizziness, headaches, convulsions, fibromyalgia, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), memory loss.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use