False Hellebore - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Veratrum viride
Bloom time: Spring Season
Height: 90 cm
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When growing Veratrum species such as White and False hellebore it is probably easiest to purchase them from a garden centre or from a divided plant; plant out following the last frost of spring.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 55 and 60 degrees.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Though hard to grow from seed, once they become established Veratrum plants are pretty easy to look after; they require a very moist soil so keep well watered, to aid this supply a mulch every spring.
- If you require more plants then propagate by division at the start of spring.
Always wear gloves when in contact with this poisonous plant. Propagate: by dividing in the spring in cooler areas or the autumn in warmer areas (handle with care).
- Extremely poisonous rhizomes and roots that can cause death by cardiac arrest if ingested.
- Traditionally used by Native Americans to poison arrows.
- Compounds from the plant are used in many modern day medicines to treat malignant cancers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.