Cutch Tree - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Acacia catechu
Bloom time: February,
Height: 8-10 ft.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Cutch tree is a small tree, growing 3-15 m high. The stem is dark brown to black, with rough bark which peels off in long strips in mature trees; young trees have corky bark. The fern-like leaves are 100-200 mm long and contain between 8 and 30 pairs of small leaves made up of numerous, oblong pairs of secondary leaflets 2-6 mm long. Glands occur on the stem below the first pair of leaves
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 32-39 deg.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- oblong pairs of secondary leaflets 2-6 mm long.
- Glands occur on the stem below the first pair of leaves, and between the uppermost six pairs of leaves.
- Pairs of stout thorns up to 10 mm long are found at the base of each leaf.
- The flowers are white or pale yellow, about 3 mm long and bunched tightly together to form a cylindrical flower spike, 35-75 mm long, resembling a lamb s tail.
Its hard wood is useful in manufacturing, building and making charcoal, while extracts from the wood.
- The heart wood and bark of the tree are used in traditional medicine.
- A wood extract called catechu is used in traditional medicine for sore throats and diarrhea.
- The concentrated aqueous extract, known as khayer gum or cutch, is astringent.
- It is used in Ayurvedic medicine.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.