Comptonia peregrina - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: sweet fern
Color: Yellowish green
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 2.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Did the cheery-looking box of Mickey Mouse adhesive bandages that my friend Bill handed me actually contain adhesive bandages? No. Instead, fuzzy green buds spilled out. An illicit drug? No again. Those “buds” were sweet fern seeds, which Bill suggested planting.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sweet fern (Comptonia peregrina) is a native plant, one of my favorites, valued for its resinous aroma.
- That aroma always transports me in time back to summer days hiking in the White Mountains along sunny dirt roads lined with sweet fern when I was nine years old.
A good shrub for areas with poor soils, such as along alleys, waste areas or roads. An interesting and vigorous plant for native plant gardens or naturalized areas where it can be left alone to colonize. Also a good plant for stabilizing slopes or embankments.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
No significant insect or disease pests.