Carolina vanilla - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Baptisia Carolina Moonlight
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 3.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
You ll need to purchase a vanilla bean plant from a reputable grower. As a vanilla plant takes 3-5 years to bloom, it doesn t make sense to try to start a plant from seed. You can do an online search for “vanilla bean plants” or “vanilla orchids.” Or visit a local orchid grower, if there is one in your area.
Hopefully you were able to purchase a healthy vanilla bean plant that is 3-5 years old. Depending on its size, you ll want to transplant it into a more permanent pot. Choose a pot that is slightly larger than the pot your plant arrived in. You can also use a pot that is up to two times the original pot size. However, try not to use a pot much larger than your vanilla bean plant.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 75 °F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- You ll want to keep the top layer of the potting mix damp, however, you don t want the entire pot to be soaked.
- You ll also need to lightly mist the entire plant daily or every other day.
You can grow a vanilla bean plant at home.
- However, it won t bloom in low light conditions.
- If your plant doesn t bloom, it won t develop vanilla bean pods.
Borders, cottage gardens, prairies and meadows. Effective in naturalized settings. Best as a specimen or in small groups.
- Unverified information This plant is extremely poisonous.
- The berries, when properly prepared, have been used as diuretics, antispasmodics, anodynes; and according to the U.
- Dispensatory, they have also been used in a treatment for epilepsy.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-plant-and-grow-vanilla-beans http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b788] http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Carolina+&stpos=0&stype=AND