Bugleweed - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Ajuga reptans,Lycopus europaeus
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 0.50 to 0.75 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Grow bugleweed in full to partial shade. Choose an area with well-draining, fertile soil and good air circulation. Plant bugleweed along the edges of driveways, sidewalks and other hardscapes or in planters to contain it from spreading into unwanted areas. Space plants one foot apart when planting.
Water more frequently during hot, dry summer periods. Water bugleweed with a hose when the top 1 to 2 inches of soil becomes dry. Water thoroughly and deeply, so the soil is moist but not soggy. Water once every two to three weeks during the remainder of the year.
Fertilize bugleweed only if the plant is growing in poor soil or if its growth is weak. Apply an all-purpose water soluble fertilizer at a rate of 1 tablespoon per 1 gallon of water. Fertilize bugleweed in the morning. Water the plants after fertilizing to wash off any fertilizer on the leaves into the soil.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 69-73º F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Once established, ajuga plants requires little care.
- Unless it’s really dry, ajuga can usually sustain itself with normal rainfall and there’s no need to fertilize this plant.
- Of course, if it’s located in the sun, you may need to water it more often.
- br> It is self-seeding, so if you don’t want any unexpected pop-ups, deadheading would definitely help.
- Removing some of the runners periodically can also help keep this ground cover in line.
Primary use is as a ground cover.
- Bugleweed is used to lower high levels of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism).
- It is also used to treat premenstrual syndrome; breast pain; nervousness; trouble sleeping (insomnia); and bleeding, especially nosebleeds and heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-bugleweed-23533.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b200 http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/ajuga/ajuga-bugleweed.htm