Armoracia rusticana - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Brassicaceae ⁄ Cruciferae – Mustard family, Armoracia G. Gaertn., B. Mey. & Scherb. – armoracia, Armoracia rusticana G. Gaertn., B. Mey. & Scherb. – horseradish
Color: white flowers
Bloom time: Flowers not showy
Height: 2.00 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The tap root will develop over two summers in deep soil. Try to plant in a location that enjoys partial sun / full sun and remember to apply water fairly sparingly. Horseradish is generally regarded as a hardy plant, so this plant will survive close to or on freezing temperatures.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 32 degree F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Best left undisturbed until harvest time in winter as broken roots will freely germinate.
- Roots can be taken at any time though.
Can be planted near potatoes to make the tubers more disease resistant. Can be used as a spray to treat apple trees against brown rot. The leaves can be chopped into dog food to dispel worms and improve body tone.
- High Vitamin C content.
- Has anti-bacterial, diuretic and stimulant properties.
- Horseradish and honey when gargled are said to be good for sore throats.
- Can be used as a tonic for the liver and spleen.
Can help digestion and wind! Can ease arthritis, gout, urinary tract infections and sciatica.
- Leaves can be eaten in salads.
- Making horseradish sauce.
- Can be grated into dips, coleslaw, cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Grow in a quiet, sunny corner of the vegetable garden where its spreading habit will not crowd out other plants.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=n120 https://myfolia.com/plants/1225-horseradish-armoracia-rusticana https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/1601/Armoracia-rusticana/Details