Nymphaea Caerulea, Hybrid Lotus (Blue) - Plant
( 95 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Blue lotus, sacred blue lily.
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 0.75 to 1.00 feet.
Difficulty level: Medium.
Planting & Care
This tropical water lily is best grown in still water in full sun to part shade. Plant rhizomes in spring, preferably in small containers. Plant each rhizome at a 45 degree angle with the bud end up and with the bud slightly above the soil surface. Set containers in 9-16” of water (after the water temperature has warmed to about 70 degrees F.) at the bottom of a water garden or tub garden or at the muddy bottom of a small pond.
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Rich clay soil mix.
Temprature: 70 degrees F.
Fertilizer: These plants are heavy feeders and will not bloom without lots of fertilizer, so fertilize regularly.
- For overwintering, bring each container indoors before the first fall frost to a cool dark place, dry over several weeks, find the dormant rhizome in the container and wash it off, place the rhizomes in slightly damp sand or peat in a plastic container, cover the container with a lid (perforated with holes) and keep the container in a cool (about 50-60 degrees F) and dark place for winter (e.
- basement), checking periodically to make sure the sand does not totally dry out.
- In spring, dust rhizomes with fungicide/bactericide, return them to containers and plant under water as soon as water temperatures return to 70 degrees F.
- blue lotus flowers are used to make various concoctions including blue lotus tea, wine and martinis.
- Recipes for such drinks involve steeping or soaking the petals, about 10–20 grams for up to three weeks.
- Blue lotus tea is prepared by boiling the entire flowers for 10–20 minutes.
- Water Plant, Rain Garden.