Indian Senna - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Egyptian senna, Tinnevelly senna, East Indian senna
Color: golden brown
Bloom time: march
Height: 2-3 feet.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Tirunelveli Senna is a shrubby plant that reaches 0.5-1 m, rarely 2 m in height with a branched, pale-green erect stem and long spreading branches bearing four or five pairs of leaves. These leaves form complex, feathery, mutual pairs. The leaflets vary from 4 to 6 pairs, entire, with a sharp tip.
The midribs are equally divided at the base of the leaflets. The flowers are borne in a raceme, and are big in size, coloured yellow that tends to brown. Its pods are horned, broadly oblong, compressed and flat and contain about six seeds. When cultured, the plants are cut down semi-annually, dried in the sun, stripped and packed in palm-leaf bags.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
- The dried leaf of Indian Senna is used as a purgative.
- The powder of the leaf is taken in a dosage of 1-2 g with hot water in conditions of constipation, abdominal distention.
- In skin diseases, the paste of the leaf of Cassia angustifolia is applied along with vinegar to the affected part of the body.
The dried leaf of Indian Senna is used as a purgative. The powder of the leaf is taken in a dosage of 1-2 g with hot water in conditions of constipation, abdominal distention.In skin diseases, the paste of the leaf of Cassia angustifolia is applied along with vinegar to the affected part of the body.
- herbal medicine
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.