Elephant foot - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Elephantopus carolinianus
Bloom time: August to September
Height: 2.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Mature plants develop an unusual, swollen, bottle-like base (the storage organ that allows them to withstand very dry conditions) with several long, thin stems. The stems are topped by the crowns of pendulous strap-like leaves which give the plant one of its common names the Ponytail Plant.
The plant is also referred to as the Elephant Foot Tree because of the swollen shape base, coupled with the greyish-brown colour and the wrinkled texture of the bark.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10°C (50°F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Beaucarnea Recurvata is basically a “plant it and forget it” kind of plant, providing it has enough light to thrive and somewhat steady water throughout the growing season.
- As with all palms, ponytail palms should never be top-trimmed.
Plants moved from indoors to permanent outside locations should be gradually exposed to the increase in light and temperature change.
Perhaps best grown in native plant gardens, meadows and woodland gardens. Marginal ornamental attributes for perennial borders. Large lower leaves can form a nice ground cover if plants are massed.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.