Bonsai Ulmus - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Ulmus parvifolia,Chinese elm or lacebark elm
Bloom time: March to April
Height: 8.00 to 12.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The Chinese elm grows well in full sun and also in partial shade. In mild climates it can stay outside during the winter. A Chinese Elm bought as an indoor Bonsai can be placed outside during the summer and in winter it is best to take it into a cold frost-free room.
Chinese Elms can usually endure some frost but it seems that it differs depending on the region it was imported from. Trees from northern Chinese regions seem to be more frost-hardy that those from southern areas. Depending on the temperatures of their winter quarters Chinese Elms can either drop their leaves or keep them until spring when the new shoots emerge.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: (10 – 15 C.
Fertilizer: During the growing season the Chinese Elm should be fed well. It doesn t require very special fertilizer. A combination of solid organic fertilizer and a well-balanced liquid chemical product is a good concept. When the elm is in a cold place in winter it should not be fed during dormancy.
- Often the Chinese Elm is infested by spider mites or scale when humidity is low.
- Appropriate pesticides should be used and frequent spraying with water might help additionally.
- Spraying with thinned lime-sulfur or systemic pesticides can make the Chinese Elm drop all its leaves, so avoid these products.
Chinese Elm Bonsai trees can be propagated by cuttings without problems usually. Propagation by seeds is less recommendable.
- Garden Uses :Garden or landscape accent.
- Border edging.
- Dwarf tree.
- Container plant.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.