Aechmea Gamosepala, Matchstick Plant
( 287 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Bromeliad , Lucky Stripe , Variegated Matchstick Bromeliad
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 0.75 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This winter-blooming bromeliad (ht 50cm) comes from Brazil. Its blooms are thick bristles of purplish-pink bracts tipped with iridescent blue bead-like flowers: the whole effect is of a bunch of surreal-looking matchsticks.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 15 and 25 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The pink bracts are an exact match for the winter-blooming shrub Ruellia macrantha (pictured above left), so these can be paired for an attractive garden picture.
- Its blue flower tips are an exact colour match for Salvia rubiginosa, which is in bloom at the same time.
Houseplant for warm and humid areas.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for aphids, thrips and scale. Rot may develop if soil is kept too moist.