Saag Khanyari- Seeds
( 69 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Kashmiri saag is one of the most commonly cooked vegetables in the Kashmiri household. It is an inseparable cuisine for all functions and festivals.
Its look alike spinach and grows in colder regions.
Location and Time for Planting
Prepare the soil with aged manure about a week before planting, or, you may wish to prepare your spot in the fall so that you can sow the seeds outdoors in early spring as soon as the ground thaws. If you live in a place with mild winters, you can also plant in the fall.
Although seedlings can be propagated indoors, it is not recommended as seedlings are difficult to transplant. Spring plantings can be made as soon as the soil can be properly worked. It's important to seed as soon as you can to give spinach the required 6 weeks of cool weather from seeding to harvest.
Soil and Temperature
Select a site with full sun to Light shade and well-drained soil. Sow seeds 1/2 inch to 1 inch deep, covering lightly with soil. Sow about 12 seeds per foot of row, or sprinkle over a wide row or bed. Soil should not be warmer than 70º F in order for germination. Successive plantings should be made every couple weeks during early spring. Common spinach cannot grow in midsummer.
- Fertilize only if necessary due to slow growth, or use as a supplement if your soil's pH is inadequate. Use when plant reaches 1/3 growth.
- When seedlings sprout to about two inches, thin them to 3-4 inches apart.
- Beyond thinning, no cultivation is necessary. Roots are shallow and easily damaged.
- Keep soil moist with mulching.
- Water regularly.
- Spinach can tolerate the cold; it can survive a frost
It is eaten with Plain Cooked Rice, throughout the year, as a green leafy vegetable, and is a great source of Vitamins and Minerals in their diet.