Iceland Poppy Nudicale Mixed - Seeds
( 259 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Common name: Papaver nudicaule
Color: pink, yellow, orange, rose, white, cream and stunning bicolors.
Bloom time: May- July
Height: 2 feet in height.
Difficulty level: Medium
Planting & Care
In warm climates plant Iceland poppies in the fall for bloom the following spring. When the summer heat arrives they will die-out. In cooler climates they can be sown in spring and will bloom the first year - and will live for a couple of seasons flowering in spring and early summer.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: Well-drained soil
Water: Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.
Temprature: 65° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plant seeds of the Iceland poppy plant in fall.
- Seed directly into the flower bed that will be the permanent location of the Iceland poppy flower, as growing Iceland poppies do not transplant well.
- If you wish to start seeds indoors, use biodegradable cups that can be planted right into the bed.
- There is no need to cover the seeds; the Iceland poppy plant needs light to germinate in spring.
- Mark the area, if necessary, so you don’t mistake the spring foliage for a weed.
- Grow the Iceland poppy flower in a full sun area.
- Soil for the Iceland poppy plant should be light and well drained.
- Iceland poppy care includes a onetime feeding in spring.
- Other Iceland poppy care involves the deadheading of spent blooms for more of the cup-shaped flowers to appear.
- You should also water infrequently during times of limited rainfall.
- Now that you’ve learned how to grow an Iceland poppy, be sure to plant some seeds in fall when you’re planting spring bulbs into a sunny area.
- Plant them in masses for showy blooms.
- The Iceland poppy flower is a great companion to other spring blooming plants.
These large, silky, showy poppies are superb for cutting.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.