Milk and Wine Lily - Plant
( 4 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Milk and Wine Lily, Ceylon swamplily, Pink striped trumpet lily • Hindi: सुदर्शन Sudarshan • Marathi: Gandani-kanda, Gadambhikanda, Golkamdo • Tamil: Vishamungil • Kannada: Vish mungli • Bengali: Sukhdarshan • Konkani: Golkando • Sanskrit: मधुपर्णिका Madhuparnika, Vrishakarni. Botanical name: [Crinum latifolium L.] Crinum latifolium Family: Amaryllidaceae (Nargis family) Synonyms: Crinum cochinchinense, Crinum longistylum, Crinum esquirolii.
Color: Pink striped trumpet lily
Bloom time: Summer
Height: 18-36 inches
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
These bulbs are planted quite deep – plant your bulb so that the soil line is even with the ribbon tied at the top of the long stalk.
Sunlight: Full sun or partial shade
Soil: Sandy, well draining, fairly dry soil.
Water: Water in well; you may want to put water in the bottom of the hole before placing the bulb in. After they are established, they don’t require much water, but when first planting a good soaking will help them get over the shock of being transplanted.
Temprature: Minimum of 55 F.
Fertilizer: use a very light, natural fertilizer or compost.
- Though drought resistant in times of necessity, the crinum lily prefers consistently moist soil unless dormant.
- Plant a few of the large crinum lily bulbs for showy masses of flowers and fragrance in the landscape.
- When roasted, they are used as a rubefacient in rheumatism.
- Crushed and toasted bulb is applied to piles and abscesses to cause suppuration.
- The juice of the leaf is used in earache.
- They have been chosen for height, fragrance, width of petals and other attributes that found favor with gardeners.