Madhuca Indica, Moh - Plant
( 28 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Bassia latifolia, Illipe latifolia, Madhuca indica, Madhuca
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 6.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Mahua is a tropical deciduous fast-growing tree that grows to 20 meters in height and possesses evergreen or semi-evergreen foliage. It is cultivated in warm and humid regions for its oleaginous seeds, flowers and wood. The tree grows on a wide variety of soils but thrives best on sandy soil. The species is drought-resistant, strong light demander and readily suppressed under shade. It is not frost-hardy. It also grows on shallow, bouldery, clayey and calcareous soils.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 2-46 deg C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The fat is used for the care of the skin, to manufacture soap or detergents, and as a vegetable butter.
- It can also be used as a fuel oil.
- A full grown tree can produce up to 90 kg of flowers in a year.
- The fruit contains 51% valuable oil known as mohua oil or butter of commerce, that is used for cooking, illumination, soap and candle making.
Interesting house plant, the leaflets of which can be snipped for cooking.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for mealy bugs on indoor plants. Root rot may occur if soils are kept too damp.