Kaju - Plant
Cashews, as you know them, are nuts. But the cashew nut is not the only fruit of the cashew trees. Or rather, the cashew nut is only a part of the cashew fruit.
( 291 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Cashew,kaju,Anacardium occidentale,
Color: pink flowers
Bloom time: February to June
Height: 6-10 mtr
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Fresh seeds germinate readily, so if you know of a cashew tree in your area, or have another way of getting hold of fresh seeds (that s the whole thing, shell and all, not just the nut!), you can grow cashew trees from seed. But be aware that cashew seeds don t grow true to type, meaning, the plant you get is not identical to the parent. (It may not fruit as much or taste as nice.)
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
- Cashews grow best in sandy soils, but sandy soils don t hold much water and are generally not very fertile.
- The trees will still do fine without additional attention.
However, if a good crop is important to you (read: if you want to grow them commercially) then you need to supply your cashew trees with additional water and fertilizer.
- Irrigate during dry periods, and fertilize the trees when they actively grow, as well as during flowering and nut development.
- (They will mainly need nitrogen and phosphorus, and possibly zinc.
The cashew apple looks very attractive with its red cheeks. It s high in Vitamin C, refreshing, very juicy, but a bit acidic. And it leaves a furry feeling in your mouth
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.