Acorus Calamus, Vekhand - Plant
( 32 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Its flowers are insignificant, but its leaves are aromatic and resemble the foliage of an iris. Sweet flag makes a striking statement at the shallow end of a pool, in a bog garden, or in a marshy woodland area.
Common name: sweet flag, vekhand
Bloom time: Summer
Height: Height: 2.00 to 2.50 feet Spread: 1.50 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Easily grown in average, medium to wet soils in full sun to part shade. Grows well in both boggy conditions (including shallow standing water to 9” deep) and consistently moist garden soils.
In water gardens, plant rhizomes slightly below the soil surface in moist soils at the water’s edge or in containers set in shallow water. Rhizomes or existing clumps may also be planted in containers sunk into wet boggy areas to help prevent any possible aggressive spread.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: Needs to grow in water less than 9 inches deep or in very moist soil.
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 10 to 38°C
Fertilizer: Use a slow release, medium-rate fertilizer
- Keep evenly moist-wet; prefers moisture, do not allow to dry out.
- Possible pests: aphids, occasional leaf spot, snails and slugs.
- Needs to grow in water less than 9 inches deep or in very moist soil.
- Plant in containers to control spread if desired.
- Divide every three or four years, at the beginning of the growing season.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a634 http://hoffmannursery.com/plants/acorus-calamus/ http://www.finegardening.com/variegated-sweet-flag-acorus-calamus-%E2%80%98variegatus%E2%80%99