Prosopis Cineraria, Shami, Sami - Plant
( 411 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Prosopis spicata, Prosopis spicigera
Color: yellow or creamy white
Bloom time: March to May
Height: 3–5 m (9.8–16.4 ft).
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Khejri Tree is a small moderate sized evergreen thorny tree, with slender branches armed with conical thorns and with light bluish-green foliage. Leaves are double compound. The leaflets are dark green, and have a tiny point. The tree is evergreen or nearly so.
It produces new flush leaves before summer. The flowers are small in size and yellow or creamy white in colour, appear from March to May after the new flush of leaves.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 48 deg C to 52 deg C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- This tree is a legume and it improves soil fertility.
- It is an important constituent of the vegetation system.
- It is well adapted to the arid conditions and stands well to the adverse vagaries of climate and browsing by animals.
- Camels and goats readily browse it.
- In areas open to goat browsing, the young plants assume cauliflower shaped bushy appearance.
- Prosopis Cineraria plant produces gum, which is obtained during May and June.
- The bark of the tree is dry, acrid, bitter with a sharp taste; cooling anthelmintic; tonic, cures leprosy, dysentery, bronchitis, asthma, leukoderma, hemorrhoids and muscle tremors.
- The smoke of the leaves is good for eye troubles
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.