Cardamom, Elachi, Velchi - Plant
( 142 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Elettaria cardamomum
Color: yellow or red
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 6.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Cardamom (Elettaria cardammommum) is a perennial plant. It has rigid and erect aromatic leaves, which forms the aerial part of the plant’s stems. These stems are between 2 to 4 meters high and forms a canopy of leaves around the plant.
You can propagate cardamom from seeds. You can try seeds you get from glossary store but those seeds are generally treated and not fresh. For best results buy seeds from seed store or online.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 72 to 80 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sandy, loamy soil that is rich in organic matter and manure is optimal.
- It requires slightly acidic to neutral pH level around 6 – 6.
- It can also tolerate acidic soils down to 5.
- 5 – 6.
Cardamom grows in rainforest, these areas mostly receives rainfall 200 days annually.
- So it is essential to keep the soil constantly moist, don’t let the soil to dry out ever.
- In summer or when the plant is setting fruits, increase watering.
Spice for tropical areas. Otherwise primarily grown ornamentally (fragrant and attractive leaves) in homes or greenhouses where flowers/fruits are unlikely to appear.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.