Dendrobium Orchid (White) - Plant
Common name: Dendrobium infundibulum
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 0.50 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Deciduous types lose their leaves during the dry season in nature; therefore, withhold water in the late fall and early winter to mimic natural conditions and stimulate blooming for these types. During the summer plants should be kept fairly wet and may be placed outdoors, hanging under the shade of trees. T
Sunlight: Part Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: between 65°F and 75°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Feed weekly during the growing season after first watering thoroughly with tepid water.
- Use a commercial fertilizer diluted in water to half strength.
- Good air movement and humidity of 50% or greater are important.
Dendrobium orchids make good house plants. Because their blooms are long-lived, they are used as cut flowers.
- Dendrobium can be had in the form of a tea.
- You can make this at home by leaving 6 to 12 grams of dendrobium to infuse in hot water before drinking.
- You can also buy dendrobium extract or powder from health food stores or from most Asian markets.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.