Tulbaghia Fragrans, Sweet Garlic - Plant
( 346 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Allium tuberosum
Color: Creamy white
Bloom time: August to September
Height: 1.00 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Garlic chives grow as a very tough perennial, so it is quite easy to find a spot in your garden where they will thrive. They however do particularly well in areas of full sun. Can be divided from existing clumps readily – you should aim to divide in spring or autumn.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 4 - 5°c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Harvest by cutting them with kitchen scissors or shears just below the surface of the soil – don’t cut midway through the chive.
- This is due to the fact that most of the flavour is in the base, and it also encourages more growth of the plant outwards (cutting at a midway point will kill the rest of the chive remaining).
Herb gardens, vegetable gardens, cottage gardens or naturalized areas. Attractive flowers have good ornamental value and are pleasant additions to rock gardens or border fronts, however flowers must be deadheaded before setting seed or seedlings will sprout up throughout the garden.
- It is used internally to treat urinary incontinence, kidney and bladder weaknesses etc.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious pest or disease problems. Can become a weed.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=u770 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=+sweet+garlic+&stpos=0&stype=AND https://myfolia.com/plants/919-garlic-chive-allium-tuberosum
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.