Euphorbia Crested - Plant
Common name: Chamaesyce cristata
Color: Pink, Silver,
Bloom time: December-February.
Height: 12-18 in. (30-45 cm)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Crested Spurge is a small prostrate annual hairy herb, up to 15 cm. Leaves are up to 2.5 x 1.2 cm, ovate, tip bluntly, pointed, base oblique, sawtoothed, fringed with hairs, membranous; leaf-stalk up to 3 mm. Cyathia are 1-3, at branch-ends or in leaf-axils, covered with overlapping floral leaves; involucre 2 mm, bell-shaped, fringed with hairs; glands
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: medium medium
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- appendages 1.
- 5 mm, fringed, with long hairs; male flowers-5-8, bracteolate; stalk 2 mm; anthers subspherical, female flowers-drooping; stalk 4 mm; ovary subspherical, velvet-hairy, styles 3 bifid.
- Capsule is 2 x 4 mm, quadrangular.
- Crested Spurge is found in South India and Sri Lanka.
- Flowering: December-February.
- Tender leaved are ground in to a paste and applied to fracture.
- Mucilage from stem is applied to burns.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.