Terminalia Bellirica, Bahera - Plant
( 307 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Myrobalanus bellirica
Bloom time: October-November
Height: 20 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Terminalia bellirica, known as "Bahera" or Beleric or bastard myrobalan, (Arabic: beliledjبليلج, Sanskrit: Vibhitaka विभितक, Aksha अक्ष), is a large deciduous tree common on plains and lower hills in Southeast Asia, where it is also grown as an avenue tree. The basionym is Myrobalanus bellirica Gaertn. (Fruct.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Leaves are 8-20 cm long, 7.
- 5-15 cm wide, on stalks 2.
- 15 cm long.
- Flowers arise in spikes in leaf axils, 5-15 cm long.
- Flowers are greenish yellow, 5-6 mm across, stalklesse, upper flowers of the spike are male, lower flowers are bisexual.
- Stamens are 3-4 mm long.
- Fruit is obovoid 1.
- 5 cm in diameter, covered with minute pale pubescence, stone very thick, indistinctly 5 angled.
- Unverified information In traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine, Baheda is known as "Bibhitaki;" in its fruit form it is used in the popular Indian herbal rasayana treatment triphala.
- This species is used by some tribes in the Indian subcontinent for its mind-altering qualities - they smoke dried kernels.
- Too much of this can cause nausea and vomiting.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate docto before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.