Rajnigandha, Polianthes Tuberosa - 10 Bulbs
Polianthes tuberosa, the tuberose, is a perennial bulbs related to the agaves, extracts of which are used as a note in perfumery. The common name derives from the Latin tuberosa, meaning swollen or tuberous in reference to its root system.
Common name: tuberose
Bloom time: August to September
Height: 2.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants prefer a near-neutral pH range of 5.5–7.0. A pH of 6.5 is just about right for most home gardens (slightly acidic to neutral).An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands. Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 40 degree c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Diligently water your plants.
- Soak the entire root zone at least twice a week in dry summer weather.
- Avoid frequent shallow sprinklings, which won’t reach the deeper roots and may encourage fungus.
- Plants do best with 90 inches of rain per year, so unless you live in a rain forest, water regularly.
Locate plants near patios, walks, decks or other living space so that the fragrant flowers may be enjoyed to the fullest.
- Rajnigandha is a perennial plant which is used as a middle note in perfumery.
- The common name derives from the Latin tuberosa.
- Its Hindi name is "Rajnigandha", though it is referred to as "Raat ki Rani" ("Queen of the Night").
- The name Rajnigandha means "night-fragrant" (rajni=night; gandha=fragrance).
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.