Bathuya Desi - Seeds
Leaves are 1-2 cm long, 3-7 mm broad, obovate-elliptic to lanceshaped-elliptic, sparsely or densely hairy, with a pointed to blunt tip and stalkless base. Bracts are herbacious
Common name: Chickweed
Bloom time: April-July.
Height: 5 ft 5 in (165 cm)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Tiny flowers are borne in cymes at branch ends or in leaf axils, often loose on long slender stalks and with slender branches. Sepals are narrowly lanceshaped, green with white margin. Petals are white, about 3 mm, very deeply divided into two. Tropical Chickweed is native to Africa, America, naturalise India.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 47 °C.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Tropical Chickweed is a prostrate herb with dichotomous branching.
- Leaves are very broadly ovate, almost round, with heart-shaped base, carried on stalks up to 1 cm.
- Leaves are hairless, 1-3.
- 5 x 0.
- 6-3 cm, 3-7-nerved at base.
- Avoid wearing your Desis when it is pouring outside.
- In case they do get wet, keep them out in the sun to dry and they will be just fine.
- When not in use, make sure you keep them away from moisture; safe in the jute bag with the small silica pouch that comes along with your Desis.
sparsely or densely hairy, with a pointed to blunt tip and stalkless base. Bracts are herbacious. Flower stalk is densely glandular-hairy, shorter or as long as the sepal-cup. Flowers are borne in roundish heads at the end of branches.
- The pounded leaf is applied to snake bites in China.
- The plant is appetizer, depurative, emollient, febrifuge, laxative and stimulant.
- The juice of the plant is used.
- Tropical Chickweed is widely used in traditional African medicine for the treatment of diverse ailments including painful and febrile conditions.
:for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.