Hawthorn - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Washington hawthorn
Color: light red
Bloom time: June
Height: 25.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Purchase trees from a local nursery and plant from spring to early fall in well-drained, humus-rich soil. They produce the most flowers and fruit in full sun locations. Space trees 20 to 30 feet apart. Grow them closer if planted as a hedgerow.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Water trees enough to keep the soil moist, not dry or muddy.
- Keep a 2- to 4-inch layer of mulch covering the tree root zone.
- Fertilize the hawthorn tree with a 10-10-10 fertilizer in the spring before new growth starts.
Small flowering landscape tree for lawns or streets. Specimen, small groups or screen. May be pruned as a hedge.
- Common Hawthorn is one of the most common species used as the "hawthorn" of traditional herbalism, which is of considerable interest for treating cardiac insufficiency by evidence-based medicine.
- The plant parts used medicinally are usually sprigs with both leaves and flowers, or alternatively the fruit.
- Several species of Crataegus have both traditional and modern medicinal uses.
- It is a good source of antioxidant phytochemicals,especially extracts of hawthorn leaves with flowers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.