Camellia sinensis - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: tea
Bloom time: October to December
Height: 10.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Camellia sinensis can be grown in most moderate zones in the United States. Zones 7, 8 & 9 provide the most suitable outdoor climates althought it can be grown in greenhouses and/or protected areas in colder climate zones or used in containers where you could protect it from severe freezes.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Camellia sinensis has been considered an invasive pest species in a nature reserve in Tanzania.
- There are also reports of it spreading into Madagascan forests where it may have detrimental effects on the regeneration of native forests which are important lemur habitats.
It may be grown as a specimen or in small groups, or it may be trimmed as a hedge. In St. Louis, experimental plantings must be sited in well-protected locations around houses, foundations and patios or in containers that can be overwintered in greenhouses.
- used as a gargle or injection, for some digestive problems and to reduce sweating in fevers.
- In Tamil Nadu, tea leaves have been used homeopathically for mania, paralysis, nervousness, neuralgia and sleeplessness.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
https://www.americancamellias.com/care-culture-resources/the-camellia-family/growing-camellia-sinensis http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=d521 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Camellia+sinensis&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.