Curcuma ( mix ) - 4 Bulbs
Common name: Curcuma longa
Color: pale yellow
Bloom time: May-June.
Height: 4 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Chitra is an evergreen shrub found commonly in the Himalayas. It grows up to 3-4 m tall, almost deciduous. Stem and shoots are round, dark reddish-brown, finely velvety to hairless. Internodes are 2.5-5 cm long, spines 3-fid, 1-2 cm long. Leaves are obovate to elliptic, 2-6 cm long, 1.5-2.5 cm broad, dull to pale green, nearly stalkless, finely net-veined. Leaves usually have 3-9 spines on the margin, but sometimes almost entire.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 8 °F (20 °C)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Prophylls is about 1.
- 5 mm long, appressed, at middle of pedicel or the base of flower.
- Sepals are obovate, outer 6-7 mm long, inner 9-10 mm long, Petals are 8-9 mm long, broadly elliptic, notched and somewhat pointed at the tip.
- Detailed information and tips on growing organic turmeric root in containers at home garden including fertilization and pests and diseases are described below.
- Although it is a tropical plant that thrives on heat and moisture, it can be grown in temperate areas in summer.
- I am growing turmeric in Sydney, Australia in pots, the plants look great with its stripy long leaves year round, except in winter when the leaves become yellow.
Growing turmeric organically in pots at home garden is not difficult if you follow the tips and turmeric growing information given below.
- Scentless Turmeric is used by the tribals as a hair tonic and for cure of wounds.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.