Thai basil - Plant
( 700 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Basil, Sweet basil, Ram Tulsi
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 1.50 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
If you make a mistake, cut the stem all the way back to the next set of leaves. Unless, you are growing Thai basil as an ornamental, cut the flower off several days before harvest so the plant can focus all its energy on the leaves. When you harvest your growing Thai basil plant, take it down to about 6 inches.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 75 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- If you make a mistake, cut the stem all the way back to the next set of leaves.
- Unless, you are growing Thai basil as an ornamental, cut the flower off several days before harvest so the plant can focus all its energy on the leaves.
- When you harvest your growing Thai basil plant, take it down to about 6 inches.
As a seasoning herb in many vegetable and meat dishes, or as a key ingredient of pesto and other condiments.
- Thai basil is usually used fresh, preferably soon after harvesting, but you can also chop it up or run it through a food processor and freeze in ice cube trays.
- Once frozen, remove from the tray and store in resealable bags in the freezer for up to two months.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
Basil may be skeletonized by Japanese beetles. To control, remove beetles by hand.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.