Murraya koenigii, Sweet Neem, Meetha Neem - Plant
Common name: Curry Leaf
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 6.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
A complete guide to growing the curry leaf plant or curry leaf tree, also called Murraya koenigii. We go from the right method to get the seeds, use a rich planting medium and them grow the plant from a small one to a fully grown shrub. We give you tips on how to successfully grow a curry leaf plant in your garden.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- My potted plant has grown to about a meter height in about 10 years.
- The tree growing in ground at my friend s house in Sydney has grown to about 5 meter height with dense foliage.
- He prunes the tree several times a year.
Interesting house plant, the leaflets of which can be snipped for cooking.
- Leaves are digestive, tonic, stimulant, rich in vitamin A and calcium.
- Leaves are also used for diarrhoea, dysentry and checking vomitting.
- Bark-paste is antisceptic, applied to skin eruptions.
- Root extract is taken for relief from renal pain.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.