Lemon Basil - Plant
The pack contains 5 bulbs each of
- Gladiolus bulbs
- Rajanigandha bulbs
- Zephyranthes bulbs
*Offer valid till stock last.
*Use coupon : NLGRZB
Ocimum americanum, known as American basil or "hoary basil", is an annual herb with white or lavender flowers. It is used for medicinal purposes. Despite the misleading name, it is native to Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, China, Southeast Asia.
Common name: Ocimum americanum
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 1.50 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps lily bulbs cool when temperatures soar. Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- In active growth, water freely especially if rainfall is less than 1 inch per week.
- Keep lilies mulched so that their roots are cool.
- The mulch should feel moist but not wet.
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering.
- Keep moist in winter.
As a seasoning herb in many vegetable and meat dishes, or as a key ingredient of pesto and other condiments.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
Basil may be skeletonized by Japanese beetles. To control, remove beetles by hand.