Senecio Serpens - Plant
Common name: Senecio serpens
Bloom time: early July
Height: 1 foot
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Dig a hole 2 to 3 times as deep as the bulbs are high and set the bulb in the hole pointy side up. Fill the hole with soil and tamp gently.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
Senecio serpens is a small succulent that hugs the ground, branching from the base and rooting along the stems.This ground cover is one of the most valuable landscaping succulents. Forming a dense rippling mat of compact silver-blue leaves.
- The plant is used as a ground cover in arid areas.
- But mostly it is grown as a potted plant subject.
- Its chalk-blue foliage is attractive.
- The leaves of another species, Senecio abyssinicus, are used to treat the infectious tropical skin disease, yaws.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.