Huernia Zebrina - Plant
( 166 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Tradescantia zebrina
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 0.50 to 0.75 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Lifesaver plants can be grown as intriguing indoor, greenhouse or summer patio container plants almost anywhere. Species such as Huernia zebrina, H. pillansii, H. keniensis and H. primulina can be grown in outdoor landscapes in warm-winter and Mediterranean climates.
Protect outdoor plants from frost and rain during winter and full sun in summer. Plant enthusiasts worldwide grow Huernias because of their interesting stem shapes and colors and because of the often intricate and fascinating flower forms and colors.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Huernias require a potting mix with excellent drainage.
- A succulent plant mix of 50 percent pumice or perlite, 25 percent peat or organic mulch, and 25 percent sand helps prevent rotting and overwatering.
- Roots experience dieback in cool-season dormancy, so plants grow best in shallow containers that allow the soil to dry out quickly.
Lifesaver plants prefer bright light or partial shade.
- In nature, they grow underneath shrubs or other plants.
- Too much sun causes stems to develop protective reddish or purple pigmentation and can actually scald the stems.
- Too little light leads to weak, thin growth with decreased flower production.
Easy to grow. As a houseplant, grow in pots, hanging baskets or along shelves. Ground cover or bedding plant where it can be grown outdoors.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.