LeadWort - Plant
Common name: Ceratostigma plumbaginoides
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 0.75 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Position in a full sun / dappled sun location and remember to water moderately. Use Zone 8 - Zone 11 as your guideline for the appropriate climate for this plant. Keep in mind when planting that Cape Leadwort is thought of as hardy, so this plant will survive close to or on freezing temperatures.
These estimates for how long Cape Leadwort takes to sprout, grow and harvest are from real observations from real gardeners, right around the world.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Blue plumbago (Plumbago auriculata) is an evergreen shrub that is native to South Africa, but grows in U.
- Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 8 through 11.
- With long, thin stems and pale blue flowers, it’s prized as a shrub, climber, potted plant and groundcover.
Blue plumbago is relatively easy to grow, and blooms all year in climates with mild winters.
- Although this shrub has few special needs, it does have specific requirements for ideal growth.
ground cover, plumbago would probably be as extensively planted as vinca, pachysandra or English ivy, except for the fact that it lacks their evergreen foliage.
- Chitrak is used in treating intestinal troubles, dysentery, leucoderma, inflammation, piles, bronchitis, itching, diseases of the liver, and consumption.
- The leaves of this herb work well for treating laryngitis, rheumatism, diseases of the spleen, ring worm, scabies, and it acts as an aphrodisiac.
A tincture of the root bark is used as an anti-periodic.
- Chitrak root helps improve digestion and it stimulates the appetite.
- Chitrak root is also an acro-narcotic poison that can cause an abortion.
- Late, long-flowering plant serves as excellent ground cover for sunny to partly shaded areas in the landscape.
- A good plant for interplanting with spring bulbs because foliage emerges late as the bulb foliage is dying back.
please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.