Kaner, Nerium Oleander (White, Single) - Plant
The pack contains 5 bulbs each of
- Gladiolus bulbs
- Rajanigandha bulbs
- Zephyranthes bulbs
*Offer valid till stock last.
*Use coupon : NLGRZB
Nerium is evergreen shrub that grows upto the height of 4 m and bearing leaves all the year around. Nerium indicum is distributed all over the Philippines, India and Nepal found on the ranges of 6500 feet. It is commonly cultivated for its sweet smelling flowers which have medicinal uses.
Common name: Kaner.
Color: Red, Pink or White.
Bloom time: April-September
Height: Up to 3 metres.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade.
Soil: Standard mix of well drained sand and peat.
Water: When in growth water often and allow plants to remain moist. When not actively growing, water plants sparingly and allow to dry out between watering.
Fertilizer: Fertilize regularly during the growing period.
- Yellowing of new leaves indicates over watering.
- Nerium has various medicinal uses and the leaves and flowers are thought to have actions as tonic, cardio tonic, diaphoretic, diuretic, emetic and expectorant.
- Leaves and flowers are also used to treat malaria and as traditional medicine it induces the termination of embryo.
- The tincture or decoction is been used externally to reduce swelling and scabies.
- The root powder is an external remedy for hemorrhoids and ulcers around genitals.
- Leaves and bark is treated as insecticide, rat poison and parasitic.
- The plant of Indian oleander is thought to possess anti-cancerous activities.
- Used as an ornamental plant in landscapes, in parks, and along roadsides.
All parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested. Plant saps can cause allergic skin reactions in some people so always use gloves while tending them. Smoke from burning plant material can also be quite toxic.