Inula helenium - Plant
Common name: elecampane
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Inula is a bushy herbaceous summer flowering plant. It blooms from July to October in most zones and produces 5-inch blooms with slender rayed petals in yellow and deep orange-yellow. Most species are hardy to USDA planting zones 5 to 8.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Inula plants need plenty of space to grow, well drained soil and a sunny location.
- They are tolerant of a range of soil types but avoid heavy clay soils which do not drain well.
- Prune back the plants in early spring to remove the dead stems from winter.
Cottage gardens. Wildflower gardens. Borders. Herb gardens.
- Elecampane is an herb.
- The root is used to make medicine.
- Elecampane is used for lung diseases including asthma, bronchitis, and whooping cough.
- It is also used to prevent coughing, especially coughing caused by tuberculosis; and as an expectorant to help loosen phlegm, so it can be coughed up more easily.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=277211&isprofile=0& https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Inula+helenium&oq=Inula+helenium&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=inula+helenium+medicinal+uses http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/inula-plants/inula-plant-care.htm
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.