Crinum Lily, Spider Lilly - Plant
Common name: crinum
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Cape Lily and other lilies of the Crinum genus can be grown either from seed or bulbs. If growing from bulb then they should be planted at a depth of 20 cm at the end of spring.
if you first plan to grow cape (Crinum) lilies indoors first then again fresh seed should be used, it takes from one to three weeks to germinate lilies and it should ideally be done at a temperature of 15 to 20 degrees centigrade.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 60 to 70°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Members of the Crinum family are not the easiest to look after, they should be fertilised about three times a year.
- The leaves and flowers should be cut off once they have died.
If you live in a very cold area then the bulbs should be removed from the garden in the autumn, and stored indoors in a cool place.
- It may take as long as five years before you see flowers from your Crinum lilies
Borders, containers, houseplants, pond or water garden peripheries. Good accent. Good cut flower.
- Bulbs are extremely acrid.
- When roasted, they are used as a rubefacient in rheumatism.
- Crushed and toasted bulb is applied to piles and abscesses to cause suppuration.
- The juice of the leaf is used in earache.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://plantcaretoday.com/growing-care-crinum-lily-plant.html http://www.gardenershq.com/Crinum-cape-lily.php http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Crinum+Lily&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.