Capsicum Annum, Ornamental Chilli - Plant
Common name: pepper
Bloom time: Flowers not showy
Height: 1.00 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Chilli plants grow into small to medium sized bushes from half a metre to two metres tall. How big they get depends on the species and variety. There are different species of chillies. Most chillies are grown as annuals even though they can live for a few years in warm climates. Some chilli varieties are true perennials. Most of the common varieties belong to the species capsicum annuum, the "annual" species
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Light: A lover of bright light and some sunshine (2 -3 hrs), close to an east or west facing window.
- Watering: The capsicum likes it s soil to be moist at all times.
- A thorough watering is required but remove excess water from the bottom of the plant tray after.
- br> Soil: A potting soil mix which drains well and can retain some water is ideal.
- Re-Potting: Repot every 2 years or when the current pot is too small for your plant.
All peppers can be highly ornamental with deep green leaves and fruit of a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Colors may include green, red, yellow, chocolate, orange, lilac, purple, ivory and mahogany.
- Capsicum is used for various problems with digestion including upset stomach, intestinal gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, and cramps.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.