African Marigold (Orange) - Plant
( 167 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Zendu(Marathi)
Color: Marigolds are available in a range of gold, maroon, yellow and orange shades.
Bloom time: Spring, Summer, Fall
Height: African marigolds that reach heights of 2 to 3 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sow them directly into the garden once the soil is warm, or start seeds indoors about a month to 6 weeks before the last spring-frost date.
Sunlight: Marigolds need lots of sunshine (at least six hours of direct sunlight) and do well with year round warm to hot weather
Soil: Though they grow in almost any soil, marigolds thrive in moderately fertile, well-drained soil.
Water: Water marigolds the first 10 to 12 days after transplanting bedding plants into the garden.
Fertilizer: Avoid fertilizing the plants. Marigolds thrive in poor soil and fertilizer often creates lush, rich foliage with few blooms.
- Germination from large, easily handled seeds is rapid, and blooms should appear within a few weeks of sowing.
- When you water marigolds, allow the soil to dry somewhat between watering, then water well, then repeat the process.
- The densely double flower heads of the African marigolds tend to rot in wet weather.
- Do not water marigolds from overhead.
- Water at the base of the plant.
Due to its variable height and colour marigold is especially use for decoration and included in landscape plans.
- One of the health benefits of marigolds is that it is used in the treatment of minor burns when used in the form of ointments or a tincture.
- Health benefits and therapeutic uses of marigold flowers as well as the leaves of the marigold include it being beneficial in minimizing the number of tumors in the case of breast cancer as well as in the prevention of the development of new cancer cells.
- One of the medicinal uses of marigolds is that it promotes the growth of both new blood vessels as well as new skin tissue and hence it is used in the healing of wounds such as burns, scrapes as well as irritated skin.
- The bright petals of signet marigolds add color and a spicy tang to salads and other summer dishes.
- The flower petals are sometimes cooked with rice to impart the color (but unfortunately not the flavor) of saffron.
- Its generally keep indoor and in terrac area
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.