Amazonvine, Stigmaphyllon - Plant
Common name: Mansoa alliacea
Bloom time: Spring or Fall
Height: 6-8 feet tall
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When you start growing garlic vine, plant it in a garden location that gets either full or partial sun. Garlic vine care is easiest if you grow the plant in well-drained soil. Don t stint on water with this plant. If you use compost at the base as mulch, it helps the roots stay cool and moist.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 30s F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- When you start growing garlic vine, plant it in a garden location that gets either full or partial sun.
- Garlic vine care is easiest if you grow the plant in well-drained soil.
- Don t stint on water with this plant.
- If you use compost at the base as mulch, it helps the roots stay cool and moist.
Its compact habitat and pretty continuos flowers make it a popular ornamental plant in gardens in the tropics. Flowering twice a year you will find it quite often covered with flowers. Flowers start off purple with white throat and change to a lighter shade of lavender with age. Eventually fading to almost white.
- It is a very common and well respected plant remedy in the Amazon for the pain and inflammation of arthritis and rheumatism, as well as, colds, flu, and fever.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.