Ixora Mini Dwarf (White) - Plant
It is also known as West Indian Jasmine. Other common names include: rangan, kheme, ponna, chann tanea, techi, pan, santan, jarum-jarum, Jungle flame, Jungle geranium, and many more. The plants possess leathery leaves, ranging from 3 to 6 inches in length, and produce large clusters of tiny flowers in the summer.
( 132 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Though native to the tropical and subtropical areas throughout the world, its center of diversity is in Tropical Asia.
It is commonly known as West Indian Jasmine.
The plants possess leathery leaves, ranging from 3 to 6 inches in length, and produce large clusters of tiny flowers in the summer. Members of Ixora prefer acidic soil, and are suitable choices for bonsai.
Common name: Jungle Geranium, Flame of the Woods, Jungle Flame, West Indian jasmine. rangan, kheme, ponna, chann tanea, techi, pan, santan, jarum-jarum.
Color: Red,orange, yellow, pink, white
Bloom time: summer season
Height: Spread at least 3 to 4 inches
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
This is Indoor Plant.
Sunlight: Bright light, but avoid direct sunlight in summer.
Soil: The most important thing to remember when planting Ixora is that it must be planted in acidic soil because alkaline soil can result in yellow foliage. These acid-loving plants thrive in rich, moist, peat-based soil.
Water: Ixora likes to be watered, but you shouldn’t do it excessively. Keep soil continuously moist, but reduce watering in the winter. Very high humidity is preferred.
Temprature: Above 60ºF is preferred even in winter. Avoid cold drafts if temperature drops lower
Fertilizer: Feed in spring with slow-release pellets or weekly during growing season with liquid fertilizer.
- Water Ixora as needed to keep the soil evenly moist, but not muddy.
- Although the plant prefers moist soil, it may rot in excessively soggy soil.
- Water the shrub sparingly during the winter months.
- Feed Ixora in early spring, using an acidic fertilizer formulated for Ixora, azalea and gardenias, which has a ratio such as 4-8-8, along with minor elements that are beneficial.
- Repeat in midsummer and autumn.
- Acidic fertilizer is especially important if the foliage takes on a yellowish cast, indicating a magnesium deficiency caused by improper soil pH.
- Apply the fertilizer according to label specifications, then water deeply.
- In spring, remove the mulch along with the top crust of soil.
- Replace the removed mulch and soil with fresh mulch.
- Prune Ixora after blooming slows in late autumn or anytime the shrub looks untidy.
- Prune each shoot down to just one bud or prune the shrub as needed to create the size and shape desired.
- Protect Ixora from aphids and scales.
- Aphids are tiny, green insects that congregate at joints of the leaves and stems or the undersides of the leaves.
- Scales are hard-shelled insects that give the foliage a waxy appearance.
- Regular application of an insecticidal soap spray or neem oil usually helps to control both pests.
Red ixora flowers are commonly used in Hindu worship, as well as in ayurveda and Indian folk medicine.
- In the above mentioned chemical composition of santan, it has been identified that the plant contains important phytochemicals that are known to have antioxidative, antibacterial, gastroprotective, hepatoprotective, antidiarrhoeal, antinociceptive, antimutagenic, antineoplastic and chemopreventive effects.
- This analysis suggests the validity of the plant’s folkloric and erthnomedicinal uses.
- This is Indoor plant
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physician before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.