Costus erythrophyl - Plant
Simply spectacular. Good in pots.
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Fiery Costus or Spiral Flag
Color: White and pink.
Height: Up to 5 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Partial sun to partial shade.
Soil: A light, fast-draining potting soil is perfect.
Water: Water regularly to keep the soil moist even in winters. Do not, however, let them sit in waterlogged soil or the rhizome could rot.
Temprature: Plant dies temperature below 20 degrees F.
Fertilizer: Feed weekly with a weak liquid fertilizer that includes micronutrients. They are heavy feeders, especially during the growing season.
- If your plant starts to suffer from brown leaf margins, it most likely is being underwatered or exposed to cold drafts.
- Try to raise the humidity and increase the water.
- Costus is an herb.
- The root and oil from the root are used to make medicine.
- Costus root is used for treating worm infections.
- Costus oil is used for asthma, cough, gas, and severe intestinal diseases such as dysentery and cholera.
- It is also used as a tonic and to stimulate digestion.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.