Tamarix aphylla - Plant
Common name: Athel tamarisk, Athel tree, Athel pine, and saltcedar.
Bloom time: June to August
Height: 18 metresâ€“60 ft
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage. Dig a hole 2 to 3 times as deep as the bulbs are high and set the bulb in the hole pointy side up. Fill the hole with soil and tamp gently. Space bulbs at a distance equal to 3 times the bulbâ€™s diameter. For a good effect, plant plants in groups of 3 to 5 bulbs.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 10-50 deg. C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants love waterâ€”but donâ€™t drown them.
- That is, they donâ€™t like to sit in water, and theyâ€™ll die if the soil is too wet in winter.
- The ideal soil is rich and loose, with good drainage.
- One of the worst mistakes you can make is to not provide adequate drainage.
- Use mulch.
Borders, naturalized areas. Good for sunny areas with poor and/or saline soils. May be used as a windbreak or informal hedge in remote areas of the landscape where its scraggly winter appearance will not be a problem. Also can be effective on dry slopes for erosion control.
- As for Tamarisk aphylla, it possesses similar medicinal properties and the flower galls are used in traditional medicine for their astringent properties and as a gargle.
- A decoction of the bark is used for eczema and other skin complaints.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.