Syzygium zeylanicum - Plant
Common name: Syzygium cumini, known as jambul, jambolan, jamblang
Bloom time: Non-flowering
Height: 10.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant where they will receive a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of full sun per day. Plants grown in weak sun may not die at once, but they weaken gradually. Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and donâ€™t crowd them.Wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands from prickly thorns.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- To help conserve water, reduce stress, and encourage healthy growth, apply a 2- to 4-inch layer of chopped and shredded leaves, grass clippings, or shredded bark around the base of your plants.
- Allow about an inch of space between the mulch and the base stem of the plant.
Small landscape tree. Screen. Backgrounds.
- Syzygium cumini (S.
- cumini) (L.
- ) Skeels (jambolan) is one of the widely used medicinal plants in the treatment of various diseases in particular diabetes.
- Hence identification of such active compounds is useful for producing safer drugs in the treatment of various ailments including diabetes.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.