Garcinia indica variegated - Plant
Common name: mangosteen
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 40.00 to 50.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Purchase and grow mangosteen tree seeds to avoid transporting the tree(s). Use seeds that have been removed from the fruit for up to 5 days. Before you plant the seeds, wrap them in pre-moistened paper towels with cold water. Place it in a container or bag in the refrigerator to continue to keep it cool and moist.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 32 Â°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Trees thrive in deep, rich organic soil but will survive in sandy loam or clay containing course material.
- While standing water will kill off seedlings, adult mangosteens can survive, and even thrive, in regions where their roots are covered with water most of the year.
- However, they must be sheltered from strong winds and salt spray.
- Basically, there must be the perfect storm of components when growing mangosteen fruit trees.
- Mangosteen is a tropical fruit.
- The fruit, fruit juice, rind, twig, and bark are used as medicine.
- Mangosteen is used for diarrhea, urinary tract infections (UTIs), gonorrhea, thrush, tuberculosis, menstrual disorders, cancer, osteoarthritis, and an intestinal infection called dysentery.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.