Crossandra undulaefolia soundarya - Plant
Common name: firecracker flower
Color: Apricot to salmon pink
Bloom time: Flowers freely
Height: 1.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Grow firecracker flower in a pot filled with moist potting soil that s rich in organic matter and holds moisture well. Use a pot with bottom drainage holes so excess moisture doesn t collect in the bottom of the pot and cause root rot.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 70-75°F/ 21-24°C.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Set the plant in an indoor area that receives direct sunlight for at least six hours daily.
- Place outdoor plants in a location with bright morning sun and light afternoon shade.
Container plant. Houseplant.
- Crossandra infundibuliformis belonging to family Acanthaceae is well known medicinal plant in various region of India.
- This plant is one of the most chosen variety for folk medicine.
- Flower extract used in various conditions like fever, headache, aperitif, pain etc
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.