Clerodendrum thomsonae varigata - Plant
Common name: bleeding heart
Color: White calyces with dark red corolla
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 12.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Clerodendrum bleeding heart performs best in partial shade or dappled sunlight, but it may tolerate full sunlight with plenty of moisture. The plant prefers rich, fertile, well-drained soil.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 45 degrees F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Water the plant frequently during dry weather; the plant requires consistently moist, but not soggy soil.
- Clerodendrum bleeding heart needs frequent fertilization to supply nutrients required to produce blooms.
- Feed the plant a slow-release fertilizer every two months during the blooming season, or use a water-soluble fertilizer every month.
Makes an excellent hanging container plant, or can be trained on a trellis.
- Unverified information Heal-all is both edible and medicinal.
- It can be used in salads, soups, stews, or boiled as a pot herb.
- It has been used as an alternative medicine for centuries on just about every continent in the world, and for just about every ailment.
Heal-All is something of a panacea, it does seem to have some medicinal uses that are constant.
- It is taken internally as a medicinal tea in the treatment of fevers, diarrhoea, sore mouth and throat, internal bleeding, and weaknesses of the liver and heart.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.