Cestrum diurnum - Plant
Common name: snow-in-summer, Cestrum nocturnum
Bloom time: June
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area. Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves. There are many other varieties of plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates. Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 54 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean.
Ground cover for sunny areas. Rock gardens, border fronts, cottage gardens, edgings, bulb cover or dry stone wall planting pockets.
- TRADITIONAL USES: In Central and South America, local species of Cestrum have been used as teacher plants and medicine for quite some time.
- The plant is also used as a stupefying charm medicine in the West Indies (Voogelbreinder 2009).
- In Kathmandu, C.
- nocturnum flowers are presented as offerings to Shiva and Ganesh.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.