Carissa humphreyi variegata - Plant
Common name: natal plum, common carissa
Color: Creamy white
Bloom time: May
Height: 15.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage. Dig a hole 2 to 3 times as deep as the bulbs are high and set the bulb in the hole pointy side up. Fill the hole with soil and tamp gently. Space bulbs at a distance equal to 3 times the bulbâ€™s diameter. For a good effect, plant plants in groups of 3 to 5 bulbs.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 28-37 Â°C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Feed plants on a regular basis before and throughout the blooming cycle (avoid chemical fertilizers and pesticides if youâ€™re harvesting for the kitchen).
- Once a month between April and July, apply a balanced granular fertilizer (5-10-5 or 5-10-10).
- Allow Â¾ to 1 cup for each bush, and sprinkle it around the drip line, not against the stem.
Specimen or group. Foundation planting. Foliage provides excellent color for the winter landscape, and cuttings of the same are popular additions to Christmas wreaths and decorations.
- Carissa carandas Linn.
- commonly known as "Karaunda" (Apocynaceae) is a popular medicinal herb widely distributed in different parts of Pakistan.
- In addition to other medicinal uses, C.
- carandas is popular in indigenous system of medicine for its medicinal use in gut motility disorders like, constipation and diarrhea.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.